Friday, July 31, 2009

31st July
Yesterday I had a little escapade of my own in Kathmandu town. I took a cab down to the tailors to collect my shirt I ordered last week, and walked down to Durbar Marg, the Orchard road of Kathmandu. For lunch I tried to be adventurous eating at a local restaurant. I prayed real hard for the food to be clean before I ate. Thank God the food was edible, though not tasting great, and my stomach is feeling fine this morning. After lunch I walked past the palace museum area to Thamal, a place where they sell hiking gear. Did not see anything worth buying, except a kukri letter opener, but I’m not allowed to bring it back to Singapore. Over dinner, Gloria mentioned that I should have visited the museum to see the room in which the king was assassinated with the chalk outlines and bullet holes still there. I think I will pay Durbar Marg a visit again, this time to have a go at the restaurants there, and to visit the palace museum.

Ps Erick’s family and Gopal Sebastian’s family left for Singapore on Wednesday, and its starting to feel a little quiet in Nepal. Somehow when they are around, we get busy running here and there, but the past two days things seem to be slowing down.

Photobucket

Photobucket

At prayer meeting on Wednesday evening and as usual I did not understand 90% of what everyone was saying, but I was brought to 1john 4:7-21. John talks about our love that causes us to see God. And Luke 7:47 says in order for us to love much, we need to know that we are forgiven much. Ps Sebastian shared a short part in English, about a village pastor having issues with a church member writing against the Hindu gods. I would not doubt the passion, but listening to the sharing, I knew it was not from God. His passion is love. And the church needs to love in order for others to see that we are unlike any other religion. In Romans 14:17-18, it talks Paul tells us to realign our goals with the kingdom of light, which is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. I am reminded that all these are not from us, but in the Holy Spirit. Ps Sebastian approached me after the prayer meeting to ask if I would like to share during Saturday service to encourage the people. I couldn’t agree immediately because I felt that mantle to preach was too great. But after prayer and consideration I believe God could use me to share His heart.

Yesterday Gloria Loong and I watched a Hillsong conference morning rally by Brian and Bobbie Houston. The topic was on “The heart for the House”. My spirit was so uplifted after the session, I had learnt so much! In Matt 16:18, Jesus said he would build his church upon this rock, and the church in Eph 5:25 is going to be radiant for his return. In 1 Kings 9:3-4, The Lord says that his eyes will be always on the house and his heart in it always. This has convicted me to always look in His direction and to be always connected to His heart, which is the Church. This Church is also a family which needs to desperately show unconditional love and acceptance, it is a body which is for effective functioning and it is also a house which can seriously impact the world.

Photobucket

Bobbie Houston ended with a plea to the people in the church, which rang in my heart. It was to light the path a little better, for people to come to the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. To unlock the gates of religion and theology, do away with explaining His ways as a mystery. Connect people better to God heart by coming down to their level as Jesus did with the women at the well, and make His love felt to the people around us, that we may be able to see God a little better. In 2 Corinthians 2:11, we are called to be ambassadors of Christ’s ministry of reconciliation to all mankind. We also need to be authentic and worthy of trust to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment