Tuesday, July 21, 2009



21st July

Yesterday I went to paint the new Sophia home with the YWAMers. It was great getting to interact and work with a Singapore team! It was laborious work for me and 2 other guys who had to bring down rubble from the top floor, but our weariness gave birth to innovation. We thought about using a rope with baskets to lower the rubble down with rope instead of us climbing up and down the stairs. Praise God we found a rope, and got the rubble cleared in half the time and effort!

A view from the New Sophia home.

We continued to paint the rooms through the day, and on my heart was the knowledge that the room I am painting would be occupied by a blessed Sophia home girl. So getting the coating of paint on the wall was important. Partly also cause God made us creatures who took pride in their work. The human spirit is to be marveled at, just simply cause we are fearfully and wonderfully made by God!

Walking to Road house, a pizza place for dinner, I was talking to Adeline about my trip so far. I mentioned that this trip for me was sort of a sabbatical, whereby I went away from the things that I was so used to at home, including the people I was used to be surrounded and supported by. I also told here that i felt that i needed to spend time hearing from God myself, rather from people! God is so good to me and always wanting to communicate His heart to me on this trip, that as I was hearing to a podcast sermon from generation church by Ps Anne Marie, I was reminded of the same thing!

Ps Anne Marie was sharing about the Word being a lamp unto thy feat and a light unto my path, Psalm 119:105. The illustration of how sometimes on the road when we are driving with others on the road at night, and other people’s headlights and even the street lamps illuminate our path, we dun even notice that our headlights are not on. Until we reach a place where it’s only you and no one else do we realize our headlights are not on, and we get clueless of where we should go next. I’m reminded that sometimes, or most of the time back home, I could have relied on the Word of others to illuminate my path, rather then His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment