Monday, July 27, 2009

27th July (Morning)
Yesterday started off at Singma Food Court for drinks tasting. I was helping Singma with Ice blended coffee, Frappe drinks. I came up with the proportions and mix for Oreo frappe, Banana frappe and Mocha frappe. I really enjoy mixing up drinks as I did 3 years ago in TCC as a barista. But after those cups of coffee, we were trembling from the excess of caffeine in our systems. But I could see how Singma has come a long way in their operations to be where they today.

After the drinks concoction session, I had lunch with Ps Erick and Shanti at Singma. I was updating them about the worship ministry back at Charis, and I mentioned how important it was for members in the worship band to not view themselves as individuals who were simply being used to fill in the gaps for the band. But instead as worshipers who are called to worship, to simply understand the role they play their instrument. Much vision casting and feeding on the Word needs to be done as a band for dynamics to form inside and outside the worship sessions, and that is crucial.

I walked back to Ps Erick’s place after lunch. I’ve been commuting around on foot by myself quite abit lately and I’m pleased with this God given gift of a sense of direction to be able to get around by myself in Nepal. We were going to have a dinner gathering before Ps Erick’s family leaves for Singapore on Wednesday. Shanti asked if I could cook one dish of beef, so I did stir fried beef with ginger and spring onions. I was so pleased with the turnout of the beef! After dinner and chit chat, Ps Erick gathered us for a short time for prayer. Before that we sang the Lord prayer, and I thank His for teaching me so much from the Lord’s Prayer of the past few years. It has so much contained in that one short prayer. It could be a topic for in-depth Kingdom talk, because of the theology woven into it. And I believe each time the Lord’s Prayer, similar to the rest of the Word, is able teach us multiple lessons. Kevin so timely pointed me to Jeremiah 33:3 and I am going to do what it says. To call unto Him and hear the great and unsearchable things He wants to reveal to me for my life.

It just that start of the day and it’s looking wet today. Just excited and in anticipation for the things He is going to reveal to me today!

27th July (Evening)
Am journaling this evening again because the lights are out, and it seemed like the best thing to do. We just had Korean instant noodles with beef and eggs, simply awesome! Reading through my past days journaling and writing down my reflections of the day that passed is quite nice. Helped me see where and how the Lord is speaking to me and directing me.

Today it rained for a good half a day. I went to town with Gloria, Loong and didi Grace to shop for the door gifts to be given at the MMS banquet back home. At that point you would also feel that staying home to sleep would have been a better option. Following the shopping trip, we went back to Ps Erick’s place to pack the items into smaller gift packs

The interesting part came when Ps Erick and Shanti sat down with the Jars of Clay team to discuss business and ministry matters. I really am learning that much love and communication needs to happen in order for systems to be in place. I learnt to know what I am to be involved in and suggest as well as when to just let people talk things out. Listening to the team and all talk, it was important that I saw beyond the words and to the hearts that produced the words. That is key to listening I feel.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Ps Erick dropped us home after the meeting, and I asked Eleanor where she felt her home was, and she mentioned back in Singapore. So where does our home lye? I think that would be also where God calls you to. Where you find His heart would be where my home is. Like the saying goes, Home is where the Heart lye.

No comments:

Post a Comment