Sunday, July 19, 2009

19th July

Today I attended Kathmandu International Church, but before that I went for a run from Gloria’s place to Ps Erick’s and back. The first round was a run, and the second a cool down walk which lead to me praying. Ps John was sharing at International Church and the message was simple and to the point. Showing who Jesus was to the people.

In Matt14:13, the story of Jesus feeding the five thousand should in fact be the story of the disciples feeding the five thousand with Jesus as a coach. John the Baptist had just been beheaded and Jesus was going to retreat away to have some time also one after the death of his dear cousin. But the crowds followed, and Jesus started to heal and minister to the needs of the people. Never has Jesus turned away the masses, because He is moved my compassion for His sheep that could be seen by Him as gone astray.

When it was getting late, the disciples made a correct assessment that the crowds needed to get food. So they suggested the only logical solution available to men, to send the crowd away so that they could get food. Ps John shared that the crowds could be our problems today, and very often we want to send our problems away. But the Christian model is to deal with the problem with Christ. Jesus told the disciples to feed the people. But He didn’t say, “Ok now it’s your problem deal with it yourself”, but He helped the disciples do what He expected them to do. Jesus took the 5 loaves and 2 fishes and gave thanks for it. Then He gave it to the disciples to do the main bulk of the multiplication of the food as they distributed it out to the people! The feeding of the masses was done with the hands of the disciples.

So the lesson drawn is that if God expects us to do something. He will help us work through the problems we have. After service over lunch at Singma, Gloria Loong and I were talking about being in the mission field, and I have come to learn that I might not be permanently stationed out in the field like them. But I still have a heart for missions and justice. Loong mentioned the word “Mobilizer”, and it just fit very well into my spirit. It’s been on my heart for the people back in church to experience the things God has allowed me to experience to enrich my Christian life. And short term mission trips could be something I see myself doing. It was the breakthrough Kevin was talking and praying for me about in 2007. That although I could be working at a job or business back home, I would still be able to take time off for such trips. So now I it could be getting clearer, but still a long way to go!

“To mobilize people to be sent to the mission fields”, is what I’m going to let ring in my heart, so loud and long that I may see Christ calling me and coaching me into what He expects me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment