Saturday, August 1, 2009

1st August
Yesterday I spent the majority of my time staying at home and preparing for a sharing that I would be giving at church today. It’s like one of those days back in Singapore when I just stay home, check emails, have lunch, and watch cable! It’s nice to do that once in awhile, but people who know me know that I cannot do that for more then two days! I’m the sort that needs to get out and do stuff, meet people and keep busy.

After slacking for three quarters of the day at home yesterday, I went for a home fellowship. Loong scootered both of us to this shed like house, and inside I was welcomed by over 10 people in this small room. The room had two beds, two armed chair, one small television and a table. You can imagine how cramp it would be after all that furniture, and there where 10 people fellowshipping inside. This home visits are conducted at different family houses each Friday, and only the pastors and a small group of church members stay the same. The purpose was to visit and have home fellowship with different families who attended the church.

I felt really blessed to be at the home fellowship. And God pointed me out especially to the young ones in the house. They are going to be the generation who will rise up to create change in this land. To see hope and bring hope to this country.

So today I’ll be sharing during service, and I’m rather nervous. I feel I’m not cut out for it, I’m not funny or charismatic enough, and maybe I would not be able to make the right emphasis at the right time. But I am rejecting all these feelings in Jesus name right now. I pray that I would simply be His vessel, to connect His heart with their hearts, and that the Holy Spirit would be the one speaking into their hearts and to the spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment