Thursday, July 23, 2009

22nd July
Waiting for the solar eclipse to occur in front of me in 15 minutes, but the sky is rather cloudy today. Praying that the sky would clear up, or at least let the sun peek through the clouds for me to see the eclipse.

Yesterday I went with the other team of YWAMers to Jars of Clay, to watch them paint on the interior walls. It was interesting to see a professional graphic designer work. He is a YWAMer who is contributing his skills to JC for free.

Photobucket

After lunch I attended a jamming session with HRC band at Wesley Church Nepal. It was really a cross cultural experience, but worship is pretty much the same all around with youths. We like up-beat music to help us worship, coupled with the heart of worship, it gets pretty much the same.

23rd July
Yesterday at prayer meeting, Ps Sebastian shared on Luke22:42-44. Although I din understand majority of his sharing in Nepali, I was thought by the Holy Spirit. Jesus was asking for his cup to be taken from him. God sent an angel to strengthen him, and he began to pray more in anguish, until he sweated drops of blood. I believe when God strengthens us to pray, we pray the things on His heart. And I believe Christ was praying the things on God’s heart. The anguish was the anguish on God’s heart for the hurting, suffering and the lost. The anguish Christ was feeling could have compelled him to the cross, as He committed himself in obedience to the work of the cross.

Today, I continued the painting work with the YWAMers at the new Sophia home. After that went to Ps Erick’s house for lunch with the team and stayed there till another meeting among all the missionaries under MMS. This was when I saw forefront warriors of the mission field gather. I felt so small and insignificant among these people who responded to the grace of God to serve Him. They had all sorts of issues regarding their children, sickness and struggles, just like any other normal human being would experience. But they still chose to serve the Lord in such a capacity as theirs.

Managed to talk to Singha before we left, and I was encouraging him on the good work he has done with starting up Pulbari’s church and now is moving on to another preaching point. He thanked me for all the prayers for the work that he was doing, and said that without our prayers, his labor would have been in vain. I told him how blessed I was to see the fruits and results of our prayers, and that I will surely bring back a testimony on behalf of him home. It takes two hands to clap, first the prayers of the people and second the labor of someone, simply cause God chooses to move through His people, and we are His co-laborers.

No comments:

Post a Comment