Monday, August 10, 2009

8th August
It’s the last 4 days of my stay here in Nepal, and I really don’t know what I should journal about. So many things about the last 26 days are starting to run through my mind at this moment. Counting 26 days could seem short, and back home, weeks past like they never existed. But over here, I’ve come to learn, see and experience so much that my mind registers a period longer then 26 days spent here in Nepal. I am looking forward to returning home.

Photobucket

Yesterday morning it started out wet. I had to cycle to Jars of Clay to be trying out a few drinks. I felt good about myself yesterday for accomplishing a few things. Firstly, I had done up 3 drinks SOP, which involves coming up with the right mix of ingredients for the drink and executing the drink making procedure. Along with the execution, I had to record the instructional sequence for the procedure. This is for facilitating the training of the staff at Jars of Clay. Secondly I edited the customer service Job description template and detailed down the purpose, roles and responsibilities of the supervisor and the service crew.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

As I was typing away at my computer at Jars of clay, I imagined if this were my own business, it was not going to be easy. I am just an intern now, and so typing out and trying out the SOPs and JDs was like a fun thing to experience for me. But I felt that this was not the case for Gloria and Loong. Their work here is not easy; firstly being away from home for a long haul is not easy. Secondly doing a business along with ministry is even more of a challenge. So it brings me to my thoughts on the 17th and 19th of July, that we really need to hear God call and direction before we make a move, and put our hearts, soul and mind and strength into that purpose.

Photobucket

10th August

Yesterday was my last day at work at Jars of Clay. I finished concocting and taking pictures for each step of the SOP drinks instruction manual, and also finished coming up and editing the customer service steps, barista and front of house job descriptions. I had my final tandoori meal for lunch here in Nepal, and it tasted superb. Had 7 chickens and 3 nuns packed and frozen to be brought home for people back home!

So today is going to be my last day in Nepal, and I am excited to be heading home tomorrow as well as looking forward to spending my last day here. I plan to cycle down to town and just experience the streets of Nepal one last time before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment