Tuesday, August 4, 2009

4th August

Yesterday we made our way to Dulikel Mountain resort, an hour’s drive away from the valley. It is nice to get away from the valley, from all the pollution, jams uneven roads and crowds! Reaching the resort, it felt like I entered another place. It’s off peak season, and we got our 3 days 2 nights package at a steal! With all our meals covered, accompanied with an amazing view of the Himalayan mountain range.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I shall be a grateful guest by giving them some advertising. Not something uncommon that I do, as with my iPhone, I’ve been an ambassador for it ever since I got my hands on the iPhone.
Check out this mountain resort at http://dhulikhelmountainresort.com

Photobucket

I was sitting with the view of the Himalayan mountain range in front of me before breakfast, but I’m only able to see the valley in front of me because it is too cloudy.

Anyway breakfast was great, our conversations lead to discussions of the Nepali culture here about how sometimes we westernized and globalised people unconsciously bring and air of arrogance with our actions. It’s so natural to feel superior to a culture which is less developed and different. I was sharing about what was on my heart when I was sharing at church last Saturday. I was afraid the Nepali would discredit what I said about the blessings I receive from God to be able to come to Nepal because I’m from Singapore and to them Singapore is a prosperous country, and its easy for me to say God has blessed me. But I prayed that the Holy Spirit was the one convicting and teaching them. All I did was point out that I viewed them as my brothers and sisters in Christ, and that we are all under the same covenant. It feels like there’s still so much for God to be teaching me here from this cross cultural experience. But I know until perfecting comes, we are to allow His love to be made complete in us, for

No comments:

Post a Comment