Thursday, August 6, 2009

6th August

The past three days passed real fast, and I did not get the chance to journal here. But instead I was writing the things I have been learning on my written journal.

Just got called out by Loong because it’s raining hail outside! How exciting!! I’ve never experience hail before!

On Tuesday, I took a hike around the mountain resort after lunch alone, and I started to notice that usually there are green pastures on top of the ridge lines. I was listening to Ps Judah Smith share on “Green Pastures” before from John 10:9. And it was like God was helping me experience what I learnt. Climbing up to the ridge may not be easy, but on the way up the sight of the green open ridge spurred me on, and once I got to the top the sight surrounding me from the top was well worth it. Jesus said he is the gate, and anyone who enters through the gate will go in and go out, and he will find green pastures. In Psalms 23, David also testifies to God leading him to lie down in green pastures.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So today I got the chance to share with the Sophia home girls during devotion time, and the Holy Spirit lead me to prepare and share about the lessons God has been teaching me from my experiences and from the Word. So I shared on how we can get “A command, A promise or A Lesson” from our time spent with God. So I shared on the promise of how, despite being in the midst of our circumstances, Jesus said he would lead us who have entered the gate, to green pastures. I learn a lesson from the girls as well. They could recite the whole of Psalms 23 for me!! Their ability to memorize so many scripture verses leaves me thinking that I to should learn from them.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment